- UPDATED: Removed outdated information
Q1. What types of consults are available?
1. Face-to-face consults 👩⚕️
2. Phone consults ☎️ (optional)
Face-to-face consults are the BEST option for your medical care.
Phone consults impose certain restrictions on clinical care:
eg. audio-only consult,
impossible for Dr Mei to perform a clinical examination,
and are hence
completely optional, and
only available from your 3rd appointment onwards.
All appointments are now face-to-face by default.
1. Face-to-face consults 👩⚕️ -- What happens in your first two appointments?
In your 1st appointment:
Dr Mei will perform a comprehensive history and clinical examination, and provide an initial management plan.
A face-to-face consult is necessary to complete your initial clinical examination, to record your initial weight, and for optimal management initially.
She will also introduce you to your personalized Weight Management Folder.
In your 2nd appointment:
Dr Mei will review your medication food, mood and activity diary, and
Provide you with relevant dietary, exercise, psychological or medication recommendations.
2. Phone consults ☎️ (optional)
Phone consults ☎️ remain available, and are completely optional.
You can request for a phone consult when you book your next appointment, provided that:
this is your 3rd appointment (or later), AND
you do not require any services requiring face-to-face contact.
A few examples of services requiring face-to-face contact:
Clinical examination by Dr Mei
Access to her weighing scales
other situations where Dr Mei has told you she needs to see you face-to-face
After your phone consult:
Scripts and letters: sent via postal mail.
Handouts: sent via postal mail.
Q2. How much does a consult cost?
1. FOR MOST PATIENTS: Consults will be charged at Dr Mei’s Standard fees.
Standard fees: no change ✅
- This means a gap fee of $63.75 (Standard) for most appointments (Appointment 1 & 2 cost more).
2. LOWERED CONCESSION FEES, PATIENTS WHO LOST JOB NOW ELIGIBLE:
Concession fees: REDUCED Gap fee ✅✅
- This means a reduced gap fee of $43.75 (Concession) for most appointments (Appointment 1 & 2 cost more).
Dr Mei is aware that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a significant number of her patients may have
- lost their jobs, and are now on JobSeeker payments, or
- their small business income has been severely affected and they are now requiring JobKeeper assistance to pay their staff
To assist these financially disadvantaged patients during the COVID-19 pandemic,
✅ Dr Mei has Lowered her Concession fees permanently — now $20 lower than Standard fees.
✅ Dr Mei has Significantly expanded the Eligibility criteria for Concession fees
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CONCESSION FEES:
- *NEW* Patients who have lost their jobs, due to COVID-19 layoffs
- *NEW* Patients who are currently receiving JobSeeker payments
- *NEW* Full-time students (including University/TAFE/school full-time students)
- Pensioners, and Health Care Card (HCC) holders
If you have any further questions about your fees, simply ask our friendly receptionists
- Clayton rooms reception: 03 9594 2461
- Frankston rooms reception: 03 8763 3999
Last updated: 01 Jul 2022